Writing those news release titles can be confusing.
Here's a little formula to make sure you get it right.
1. Target the reader
- The reader wants to know how they benefit from the information, include them in the headline!
- Tell the readers what to do
2. Focus on the front
- The first 11 characters are KEY
- Place the Reader and the Benefit on the headline
- Place the product (or ticker) in the sub headline
3. Choose STRONG verbs
- Time to step away from the typical verbs (Announces, Launches, Partners...)
- And start using SEXY verbs (Grow, Roars, Increases, Terminates....)
- Remember, the verb IS the story!
4. Cut the hype
- Even though you are using strong verbs, don't inflate the news
- Readers and SEO will hate it and you will lose credibility
5. Keep it short
- 8-9 words are the sweet spot for humans and for SEO